The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) remains on full alert after the twin explosion in Tacurong City, Sultan Kudarat on Monday night.
In an interview with Mirror, DCPO spokesperson Sr. Inspector Maria Teresa Plaza Gaspan, said DCPO Director Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum already issued an order to intensify the security measures in the city.
“Naka full alert status ta, after the incident in Sultan Kudarat,” Gaspan said.
Gaspan said 95 percent of DCPO police personnel are deployed in the streets to ensure city and people’s safety.
“Since Araw ng Davao, holy week hangtud karon, we remain to be under full alert status,” Gaspan said.
The order said: “Team Davao, be warned and be alert – in light of the succession of terror bombings in Tacurong City, Sultan kudarat, deploy your mobile checkpoints along strategic highways leading to Davao City and be on the look-out, for suspicious vehicle, persons, bags or packages.”
Gaspan said all station commanders were ordered to closely supervise police officers manning the checkpoints.
Gaspan said the public must expect strict implementation of check points in the city, more police visibility and mobile patrol in different areas.
“Para masigurado nga maprotektahan gyud ang katawhan mao nga istriktohon nato ang checkpoints sa siyudad,” Gaspan added.
Reports gathered from the police authorities said that the BIFF had earlier threatened to conduct bombing in the areas of Tacurong, Sultan Kudarat, Koronadal and Kidapawan City.
The Tacurong police also reported yesterday they have arrested two suspects in the bombing. They are identified as Waren Gani and Johari Gani who claimed to be MILF members.
Latest update from Tacurong Police stated the number of those injured in the bombings were 14, not eight as initially reported, Monday night. Most of the injured were policemen, military, CAFGU and some civilians. Richy Nalagon