There’s a bug going around and people are more than happy to catch it. The Filipino obsession with Korean pop culture is at a fever pitch. Here are five programs that can satisfy anyone’s appetite for K pop culture.
- Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo on ABS-CBN– The worldwide phenomenon made its Philippine free TV debut in none other than the first and true home of Asianovelas, ABS-CBN. The romantic Korean drama takes the place of another Korean favorite, “Goblin” in the late night primetime slot. Fans will surely get hooked on watching the love grow between weightlifter Kim Bok-joo (Lee Sung-kyung) and her childhood friend Jung Joon-Hyung (Nam Joo-hyuk). Watch it during weeknights on ABS-CBN or ABS-CBN HD.
- Bride of Habaek on tvN– The anticipated Korean drama, “The Bride of Habaek” is now on tvN. Nam Joo-hyuk (Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo) stars as Habaek the water god, who is seeking his wife. Who he finds is Yoon So-A, a psychiatrist played by Shin Se-kyung (Six Flying Dragons). However, before he gets his bride, Habaek must first convince her that he’s not crazy. Rounding out the cast are other Korean stars; Lim Ju-hwan (Uncontrollably Fond), Gong Myun of 5urprise, and Krystal of f(x). Tune in every Tuesday and Wednesday at 9:45 p.m. on tvN.
- My Girlfriend is a Gumiho on Jeepney TV– Lee Seung-ki and Shin Min-a are back as Cha Tae-wong and Mi Ho in “My Girlfriend is a Gumiho.” Re-watch and experience on Jeepney TV every Saturday and Sunday at 8:20 p.m. and 10 p.m. all of the kilig from this beloved 2010 K Drama about a magical creature who falls in love with a man.
- Fight for My Way on KBS– Ko Dong-man (Park Seo-joon) was big man on campus in high school as a Taekwondo star, while his friend Choi Ae-ra (Kim Ji-won) was looking forward to a successful career in broadcasting. Unfortunately, life did not turn out exactly how they wanted it to. Will they get a second at their dreams? Find out by watching “Fight for My Way” Monday through Friday at 8:50 p.m. on KBS.
- BigBang MADE on E!– The kings of K Pop need no introduction. Go on a whirlwind journey around the world with G Dragon, T.O.P., Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri on their M.A.D.E. World Tour. Watch exclusive footage of their performances, backstage bonding and also never-before-seen interviews with the boys. The concert documentary gives fans a rare look into the life of the band on the road. It premieres on E! on July 15, Saturday at 6 p.m. ABS-CBN, ABS-CBN HD, tvN, Jeepney TV, KBS, and E! are available on SKY. For more information on how to subscribe head to www.mysky.com.ph or call 418-0000 or your local SKY office.