by ROMEO BRACEROS
Panabo City boxing champion Jerwin Ancajas is set to use part of the US$60,000 fight purse he won in his second title defense in Brisbane, Australia to build a house.
Ancajas, the current International Boxing Federation (IBF) World superflyweight champion, said it had always been his dream to have his own house.
The 25-year-old boxing champion earlier beat Japanese Teiru Kinoshita via seventh round TKO in the undercard of “Battle of Brisbane” last July 2.
Ancajas also told reporters that he is set to defend his title for the third time this year in the United States.
He said if all the plans materialized his title defense in the US will be carried by ESPN.
Ancajas’ manager Joven Jimenez said if ever Ancajas fails to defend his crown this year he can still do it in April 2018.
The boxing champion earlier won the title by beating McJoe Arroyo of Puerto Rico last year. Better things are now expected to come the way of the Panabo City, Davao del Norte native after making an impression in his first fight beamed live on free TV in the rich US market through ESPN.