Nine nominee-MSMEs (Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises) were declared regional winners in the 2017 Productivity Olympics last June 27. These winner-MSMEs, declared by the Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Board-Davao Region (RTWPB-11), will automatically qualify to compete in the national race for a trophy, cash prize and other privileges. The awarding ceremonies for the Davao regional winners will be on July 18 at the Seda Hotel, J.P. Laurel Ave., Davao City. The next national winners will be awarded by the secretary of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) during the Productivity Month sometime in October 2017 in Manila.
The lucky nine regional winners are the following, in alphabetical order:
- Apo ni Lolo Durian Delicacies, located in Davao City – Small Enterprise, Industry Category
- Artes de San Vicente, located in Davao City – Small Enterprise, Industry Category
- ADAP (Association of Differently Abled Persons) Multipurpose Cooperative, located in Davao City – Small Enterprise, Industry Category
- Davao Bioskin Tech Laboratories, Inc., located in Sta. Cruz, Davao del Sur – Small Enterprise, Industry Category
- DAVECO-ARB (Daveco Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Cooperative), located in Davao City – Small Enterprise, Industry Category
- Manuel Guinga Sirib Growers and Employees Multi-purpose Coope-rative (Garments Business Line Only), located in Davao City – Micro Enterprise, Industry Category
- Rehoboth Asso-ciation, located in Panabo City, Davao del Norte – Small Enterprise, Agri-business Category
- Reliance Transcrip-tions and Infotech Corporation, located in Davao City – Small Enterprise, Service Category
- Woodworks Kiln Dried Products, located in Digos City, Davao del Sur – Small Enterprise, Industry Category
The above-listed winners were evaluated by the Regional Screening Committee (RSC) of Davao Region based on the impact of their Productivity Improvement Projects (PIPs) to business excellence and resource management. The RSC followed the stringent criteria and indicators for the sub-criteria on Business Excellence and Resource Management. The committee is composed of the board members of the RTWPB-11 plus two external Productivity and Quality Experts from the private sector, representing PQASOM (Productivity and Quality Association of Southern Mindanao) and PMAP (Peoples’ Managers Association)-Davao Chapter.
This Productivity Olympics is a biennial event spearheaded and organized by the National Wages and Productivity Commission (NWPC), an attached agency of the DOLE, through the RTWPBs all over the country. This is undertaken to give due recognition to micro, small and medium enterprises for their best productivity improvement programs that helped sustain and enhance their business enterprises. The Productivity Olympics aims to a) intensify national awareness and commitment to quality and productivity; b) encourage MSMEs to adopt productivity improvement programs and practices and; c) showcase best productivity improvement programs.